Yoga Therapeutics Training for the Lower Body – 27hrs | Korea June 2020
June 4th – 7th
90 Monkeys method of yoga offers a deep and efficacious approach to asana practice with the goal of enhancing what it means to be in a body.
Through intelligent alignment principles, sound biomechanics and a workable understanding of anatomy, we aim to make yoga accessible to all those who wish to benefit from this extraordinary practice!
As athletic yoga classes are becoming the industry norm, safety and individualized attention are becoming less and less emphasized in many yoga classes.
This dynamic, intimate 4-day training will provide you with therapeutic knowledge and core competency that will set you apart from the norm.
You will develop the confidence to serve students with limitations and special needs specific to the lower body in community with other high-level yoga teachers under Amy’s caring eye.
This training gives you the tools to stand out as a teacher who can speak to many populations, effectively address student’s physical limitations, and provide compassionate solutions for students with lower body challenges.
You will walk away with tools to teach full group classes as well as private sessions with more empathy, expert skills, and courage.
- Embody proper alignment for sun salutations, standing poses, hip opening, hamstrings, chest and quad opening poses
- Refine and understand the power of observation and accountability in the yoga classroom.
- Examine common musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical problems affecting the lower back, sacrum, hips, knees, and feet
- Review common conditions such as tendonitis, ligament or cartilage damage, sprains, disc damage, muscle spasms, and more
- Demonstration with empathy
- Mastery of variations to create inclusive, accessible yoga classes that help clear and resolve common challenges.
- Therapeutic hands-on adjustments that relieve discomfort
- Therapy Lab – watch Amy work therapeutically with real people brought in from the local community
- Daily mat time will be tailored to integrate alignment and form into your own body while learning tools to teach others the same.
This course is a complementary module with Yoga Therapeutics Training for the Upper Body and can be taken independently or in tandem when offered in our back-to-back formats.
27 Contact Hours
* This training counts towards
90 Monkeys’ Advanced 500-hour
Teacher Training Certification.
$525 Early Registration*
$575 Full Tuition
* Before midnight April 26th, 2020
Thursday – Saturday
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
9:00 am – 1:30 pm
Jai Yoga Studio
7F, 830, Seollung-ro, Gangnam-gu
TRAVEL PACKET – Coming Soon!