Yoga Philosophy Foundations Applied – 13.5 Hours
Suggested price: $195.00
Tuition for this training is on a sliding scale to ensure accessibility during the pandemic. We set a $75 minimum to cover basic administration, tech, and production expenses. Every dollar helps maintain our team and school operations during this time so we can continue to bring you high-quality yoga education! The minimum is reserved for those who would otherwise be unable to afford access to training at this time. Please choose a price that is appropriate for your current situation.
Imagine if you could learn yoga philosophy in a safe, warm environment with a bunch of friendly, smart, and conscious people…
Imagine if it wasn’t intimidating and the teachings actually applied to your life in our current 2020 reality…
Imagine not only becoming a better thinker, but using yoga teachings to become a more empowered version of yourself…
Yoga philosophy can be so abstract and obtuse. And some of the interpretations and viewpoints can seem highly irrelevant to 21st Century seekers.
Are you feeling us?
But imagine breaking it down with a teacher and some good friends who can help bring it to life in relatable ways.
That’s the kind of learning environment we dig, and we’re here to help create this space for you too!
And guess what?
The yoga texts are designed to put you off, precisely so you won’t try to master them on your own, and to make sure you’ll seek out a teacher.
We don’t want anyone having to go it alone, so in this virtual module, you will learn the most fundamental aspects of yoga philosophy together, with Amy Ippoliti and the community of 90 Monkeys teachers at your side.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The bulk of the course was presented live and recorded as a live-stream interactive workshop that included a slide presentation and live chat.
- The live presentation was recorded as 4 video lessons + a bonus pre-recorded asana practice now archived that you’ll have complete access to.
- You’ll receive 13.5 non-contact hours for Yoga Alliance if you are not enrolled in 90 Monkeys 500-hr program.
- Per the temporary standards by Yoga Alliance during the pandemic, all 90 Monkeys 500-hr enrolled students will receive contact hours for this course.
- Once you enroll the conversation will continue via instant access into our private Facebook forum where Amy and other yoga teachers will be there to interact, answer your questions, support you, and help you digest the course materials & action steps.
HERE’S HOW THE SESSIONS BREAKDOWN:
- Asana Practice
- A Brief History of Yoga & Comparative Philosophy
- Panchakrityas – The Five Acts of Shiva and the story of Nataraja
- Asana Practice
- Mahabhutas – The 5 Elements
- The Tattvas – A Map of Our Reality
- Asana Practice
- The 5 Koshas, the Layers of Being
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Select Verses
- Asana Practice
- Ashtanga Yoga – The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- The 5 Kleshas – Turn Your Liabilities into Assets
Note: All of the teachings above will be taught through a comparative lens among the varying yoga schools and their interpretations.
Praise from graduates:
- “If like me, your 200HR was very light on yoga philosophy and you’ve never managed to pull together all the different strands, then this course will be full of ‘aha!’ moments. It put into context all the little pieces I’d learned before, and that context really made things click for me. There is so much to learn but I finally feel like I have a basic understanding of how these different strands of thought fit in together, and that’s helped me to much more deeply consider the questions and my own views. I loved this course and would highly recommend it to anyone with a curiosity about why yoga philosophy matters.”
- “Amy Ippoliti’s Yoga Philosophy Foundations Applied, was a revelation to me. Her ability to present complex teachings in a way that is truly understandable and meaningful fashion is a gift. Amy’s depth of knowledge and gift for putting important, ancient and abstract teachings into relatable examples is remarkable. Her passion for the subject matter is infectious. I learned so much and feel more committed to continue my yogic studies, to share what I’ve learned with my students, and to encourage myself and my community to use these teachings to further positive personal and social transformation. Her assistant and advanced students provided really insight-filled examples, as well. The whole experience had a real community feel to it, which is rare for an online course.”
- “This class is very well organized and provides a well-rounded understanding of the various yoga philosophies and how they relate in our daily world. You will gain a wealth of knowledge and inspiration to bring to into your own yoga practice or your yoga teaching. It was a joy to be part of this experience.”