Teaching Yoga in the Digital Age
The bulk of this course was presented to a live audience of yoga teachers from all over the world and is now professionally archived in its entirety with high quality audio, video and all-included course materials ready for you to…
Get Financially Stable.
Make Peace with Tech and Social Media.
Change the World!
You’ve come to the right place if you’re a yoga teacher who is…
- Too busy
- Looking for new inspiration
- Bummed about turnout
- Overwhelmed with marketing tasks
- Trying to find a genuine voice in the world of social media
- Concerned that yoga is becoming shallow
- Worried about money
- Tired of all the competition and trying to stand out
Teaching Yoga in the Digital Age is a course that provides a meaningful platform for yoga teachers to talk about how social media and technology are positively and negatively impacting our students and our profession, while giving you solid tools to succeed as a yoga teacher in the digital age.
Evidence now suggests that the internet may be re-shaping the plasticity of our brains, sacrificing our ability to think deeply, and making us less empathetic. The human attention span has fallen from an average of 12 seconds in the year 2000 to just eight seconds today. This means that you and your students might now have a shorter attention span than a goldfish (nine seconds)!
There’s no doubt that yogis are just as subject to these changes as the rest of humanity and we believe this could be taking its toll on the yoga world. If you care about Yoga’s future, and what’s best for your students, we want your voice in this conversation!
Have you noticed that yoga students have less patience for dharma talks? And that they’re more interested in achieving poses and getting a workout than the richness and depth of yoga or the journey of self awareness?
Classes that were once 90 minutes long are increasingly being replaced with 60 minute practices.
Is social media perpetuating a narrative that yoga is all about beach bodies, physical feats, acrobatics, and hyper flexibility? Do you get sucked into those feeds and feel intimidated sometimes? Is the the original narrative of yoga getting a little lost?
Alternatively – are you interested in building a social media following and exploring how that might benefit your career but you want to do it in your own authentic way? There’s room for every kind of yoga teacher in this big beautiful world of yoga!
A lot of us have been afraid to talk about these things. There are all kinds of opinions and thoughts out there, but who is listening? By talking about it we can create healing and change!
If you’re a yoga teacher and you’ve wondered how to make it in this busy, wild world of social media and technology, we definitely want you here!
Here’s what you’ll learn and what we’ll talk about in each of the four 75 minute course modules:
Module 1: Great Yoga Teachers, Great Tech Role Models
- Know the Pros and Cons of Technology for Yourself and Your Students So You Can Serve
- What’s Happening to Your Brain and Your Students’ Brains Due to Tech?
- How is Technology Impacting Children and Teens?
- How To Overcome Tech Domination in Your Life through the Yoga Haus Method
- Additional Resources to Help Get Educated about Technology, Smart Phone Use, and Social Media
Module 2: Yoga Teaching & Social Media in the Digital Age
- Why Social Media Can Be Essential for Your Business
- Is Social Media Making Yoga Lose it’s Richness – Who’s Leading the Way?
- Social Media, Your Self Esteem, and Your Students
- Yoga Consumer Education is Essential – Especially if You Love Social Media!
- Should I Build a Huge International Social Following or Not Worry?
- To Monetize or not to Monetize on Instagram
- Haters Gonna Hate! How to Deal with Them Professionally
Module 3: Keeping it Fresh and Relevant in the Digital Age
- Stay on Your Yoga Mat Despite the Busyness
- How to Prioritize Your Yoga Practice and Physical Community
- How to Stay Inspired and on Fire as a Teacher!
- Offer Fresh, Relevant Teachings to Your Students based on the Yoga Haus Method
- Make the Most of 60 Minutes- Learn to Sequence and Theme for Depth
- The Importance of Continuing Education
Module 4: Financial Stability and Building Your Classes
- Get Clear on Your Values & Vision…then Don’t Compromise!
- Brush Up on Your Personal Finance and Savings
- Understand and Diversify Your Income Streams for Maximum Earning
- Grow Your Yoga Class Sizes and Retain the Students You Have
- The Power of Visualization and Goal Setting to Increase Your Earnings
This Course Includes:
- 13 hours of learning videos:
- 5 Hours of training with Amy (four 75 minute downloadable videos).
- 4 Hours of video interviews by Amy with Elena Brower, Jessamyn Stanley, and Claudine & Honza Lafond
- 4 Hours of additional video interviews by Amy with surprise guest faculty to come!
- Downloadable contemplation exercises to help get clear about your place as a yoga teacher in the digital age.
- Written homework and teaching exercises designed to support you in refining your personal values, teaching, and staying accountable to your business goals
- Immediate access to our private Facebook Forum where you can post questions and insights, converse with other teachers in the program, and receive public responses from Amy and others (this means that even if you can’t make the live event on the 28th, you can get your questions asked at a later date!)
How does it work?
- The bulk of the course was presented live and recorded as a full day livestream interactive workshop that included a slide presentation, live chat, and polling capabilities to advance the conversation and get a clear grasp of communal opinions/problems/etc.
- The live presentation was recorded as 4 video modules now archived.
- You’ll have complete access to the full videos with our guest faculty (Elena Brower, Jessamyn Stanley, Claudine & Honza Lafond, and Koya Webb)
- Additional interviews with surprise guest faculty we be made available on your course page to add to the inspiration and ongoing conversation!
Once you enroll the conversation will continue via instant access into our private Facebook forum where Amy and other yoga teachers will be there to interact, answer your questions, support you, and help you digest the course materials & action steps.
You owe it to your career and to your yoga students to be part of this conversation. Be a leader and a role model in today’s yoga world!