Sanskrit Studies & Asana Intensive – 27hrs
March 12th – 15th
As yogis, we use Sanskrit regularly; as teachers to instruct asana, to communicate philosophical concepts, to chant, as well as to study the history and philosophy of yoga. Indeed Sanskrit is the language of Yoga and the language of Mantra.
In this fun and informative module, enjoy an inspirational dive into the infinite worlds of Sanskrit with Manorama, and get on the mat with Amy who will guide you through powerful practices.
The first two days of the intensive will be a comprehensive exploration of the Sanskrit alphabet giving you the ability to work confidently with select mantras and commonly used yoga terms, and asana names. Manorama will also guide you in how to live alongside yogic principles in daily life.
In the second two days, we will dive into the Upanishads with a particular focus on how this text is relevant to the modern yogini. Manorama will lead Sanskrit chanting of Upanishadic verses and offer a Luminous Soul discussion on select verses from the Isha, Kena and Mundaka Upanishads. Weaving stories through the teachings, she will illuminate how to work with the Upanishads in your own practice and life.
- Learn proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you the confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease
- Dive into the ancient text, The Upanishads
- Practice asana uninterrupted with Amy, exploring themes related to mantra, sound, vibration, and the Upanishads
- Discover why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener
- Explore Sanskrit Studies Method’s distinct and effective path to learning Sanskrit
- Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
- Immerse in the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge
- Develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called a healing language of vibration and why that’s important.
- Luminous Soul Discussion of the Upanishads Verses
- Plenty of time for Q & A
- Leave feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit, asanas, and how to incorporate Sanskrit into your life and teaching.
Amy and Manorama will guide you through the ancient technologies of hatha yoga, Sanskrit, and mantra as powerful tools and gateways that, when engaged with awareness, will bring you toward the experience of the eternal. Through these practices you will become a beacon of change to help positively inform your work in the world!
Detailed Training Manual
27 Contact Hours
* This training counts towards
90 Monkeys’ Advanced 500-hour
Teacher Training Certification.
$525 Early Registration*
$575 Full Tuition
* Before midnight February 9th, 2020
Thursday – Saturday
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
9:00 am – 1:30 pm
9:00 am – 11:00 am
4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
11:15 am – 1:00 pm
2:00 pm – 4:15 pm