Hands On Assisting Module – 27hrs | Korea May 2020
May 28th – 31st
A skillful hands-on adjustment in a yoga class can be transformational and life-changing for your students! At the same time, an inadequate adjustment is more detrimental than no adjustment at all. Learn how to give masterful hands-on assists that are both educational and empowering for your students while you discover the art of service and attention through refining your therapeutic touch under Amy’s watchful eye.
This module is designed to provide you with advanced skills in a wide variety of manual assists in order to add depth and sophistication to your teachings by practicing hands-on adjustments in the context of group settings, private sessions, or in large public settings. Come explore adjustments for a full spectrum of poses in a delicious exchange of loving hands that will radically expand your teaching repertoire!
You will learn:
• What the different types of touch are and when to use them.
• The difference between therapeutic, opening, stabilizing and positioning assists.
• Methods for centering yourself before teaching to help enhance the energy behind your touch.
• Hold your own body safely during hands-on adjustments to prevent common assisting injuries
• How to connect with a student before giving an adjustment to build trust.
• How to give verbal adjustments before touching a student, to help empower their understanding.
• Methods to be crystal clear when touching a student so that they actually move with you and improve their pose!
• Observation techniques to help you know when and who to adjust first in a class.
• How to adjust with the breath as your ally.
• When to use props as part of an adjustment.
As with all modules in the 90 Monkeys Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum, this topic will be explored through a career and business lens in order to help you shine as a knowledgeable yoga teacher!
Detailed Training Manual
27 Contact Hours
* This training counts towards
90 Monkeys’ Advanced 500-hour
Teacher Training Certification.
$525 Early Registration*
$575 Full Tuition
* Before midnight April 26th, 2020
Thursday – Saturday
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
9:00 am – 1:30 pm
Jai Yoga Studio
7F, 830, Seollung-ro, Gangnam-gu
TRAVEL PACKET – Coming Soon!