Date(s) - April 28, 2017 - April 30, 2017
90 Monkeys Studio
Category(ies) No Categories
Body image insecurities are rampant in today’s yoga culture. Detoxes, hot sweaty classes, and cosmetic fixes are becoming an industry norm. While yoga can be a powerful tool for building body confidence and self-esteem, the culture surrounding yoga often masks and even worsens food and body image issues.
Now more than ever we need yoga teachers who can inspire students to remember their worth, beauty, and greatness, through the weaving of empowering yoga philosophy! In this timely and impactful teacher training, you’ll learn how to recognize and serve students with body image challenges, eating disorders, and self-loathing.
This dynamic and intimate 12-hour training will give you the tools to stand out as a teacher who can effectively address body image challenges and eating disorders with empathy, skill, and cutting-edge knowledge. Amy will share her time-tested methods for bringing inspiration and empowerment into your classes via specific teachings and yoga philosophy. Chelsea will offer her expertise in the field of working with those recovering from body image and disordered eating challenges.
Advanced teacher training can be cumbersome. We want to engage you with useable, meaningful, actionable education now. This week is one of many modular trainings in the 90 Monkeys Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum available in Boulder, CO and across the globe. For this important module, join Amy and Chelsea Roff in Boulder, CO at our cozy 90 Monkeys Studio!
- Explore the spectrum of food and body image challenges, from undereating and overexercising to binge and emotional eating
- Learn how to recognize warning signs in students with eating disorders and refer them to professional help
- Master a formula for having “difficult conversations” with students you’re concerned about
- Learn teaching strategies to create a safe space for students to drop in and connect with themselves emotionally
- Expand your teaching repertoire with speaking skills that touch your student’s hearts and catalyze breakthroughs
- Recognize the ways you may unintentionally transmit negative body image messages to your students
- Explore opportunities to incorporate yoga philosophies that encourage students to nourish themselves and love the skin they’re in
- Become a model and leader for healthy eating, positive body image, radical self-acceptance.
Meet and make fabulous friends! Enjoy the mountain views, fantastic restaurants, and great people in Boulder, CO!
Healthy snacks will be provided throughout the day such as raw chocolate, beverages, fruit, veggies, and other surprises. Amy’s Italian and Chelsea is a total foodie. It’s how we roll.
This training is part of 90 Monkeys’s Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum. Hours can be put toward a 300 Hour certification with 90 Monkeys.
Saturday 9:00-12:00pm and 1:30-4:30pm
2516 N. Broadway Street, Suite 300
Boulder, CO 80304
2 years of regular study and practice of yoga
200 Hour teacher training graduate
April 28-30th, 2017
We expect this intensive to fill quickly, so please enroll at your earliest convenience to save your spot. Due to space constraints, no refunds of tuition can be made, therefore please make sure your schedule is clear before enrolling.
Learn more about the complete 90 Monkeys Teacher Training Curriculum.
Traveling to Boulder? Download our 90 Monkeys Travel & Logistics Information packet to learn about where to stay, great restaurants, accommodations, recreation and much more!