Date(s) - February 09, 2017 - February 12, 2017
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
90 Monkeys Studio
Advanced teacher training can be cumbersome. We want to engage you with useable, meaningful, actionable education now. This week is one of many modular trainings in the 90 Monkeys Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum. Join Amy for 4 intimate days in Boulder, CO at our cozy 90 Monkeys Studio!
February 9-12th, 2017
A skillful hands-on adjustment in a yoga class can be transformational and life changing for your students. At the same time, an inadequate adjustment is more detrimental than no adjustment at all. Learn how to give masterful hands-on assists that are both educational and empowering for your students and discover the art of service and attention through refining and practicing your therapeutic touch under Amy’s watchful eye.
This intensive is designed to provide you with advanced skills in a wide variety of manual assists in order to add depth and sophistication to your teachings. Hands-on adjustments in the context of group settings, private sessions, or in large public settings will be discussed. Come explore adjustments for a full spectrum of poses in a delicious exchange of loving hands that will radically expand your teaching repertoire.
You will learn:
- What the different types of touch are and when to use them.
- The difference between therapeutic, opening, stabilizing and positioning assists.
- Methods for centering yourself before teaching to help enhance the energy behind your touch.
- To unlock the mysteries of your own body and that of your students through a review of clear alignment understanding.
- Hold your own body safely during hands on adjustments to prevent common assisting injuries
- How to connect with a student before giving an adjustment to build trust.
- How to give verbal adjustments before touching a student, to help empower their understanding.
- Methods for touching a student so that they actually move with you and improve their pose!
- Observation techniques to help you know when and who to adjust first in a class.
- How to adjust with the breath as your ally.
- When to use props as part of an adjustment.
- To be crystal clear in your adjustments.
- Alignment concepts that will help you know “how to adjust” not just “which standard adjustment to give”.
- As with all modules in the 90 Monkeys Advanced TT Curriculum, this topic will be explored through a career and business lens.
Meet and make fabulous friends!
Enjoy the mountain views, fantastic restaurants, and great people in Boulder, CO!
- Prepare in advance! Registered students will receive our Pre-Event Video that Amy has put together to help you prepare to get the most out of this training!
- Eat Well! Healthy snacks will be provided throughout the day such as raw chocolate, beverages, fruit, veggies, and other surprises. Amy’s Italian. It’s how we roll.
This training is part of 90 Monkeys’s Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum.
90 Monkeys/Pro Peloton
2516 N. Broadway Street, Suite 300
Boulder, CO 80304
Be a graduate of a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
We expect this intensive to fill quickly, so please enroll at your earliest to save your spot. Due to space constraints, no refunds of tuition can be made, therefore please make sure your schedule is clear before enrolling.
Learn more about the complete 90 Monkeys Teacher Training Curriculum.
Traveling to Boulder? Download our 90 Monkeys Travel & Logistics Information packet to learn about where to stay, great restaurants, accommodations, recreation and much more!