Date(s) - July 26, 2018 - July 29, 2018
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
90 Monkeys Studio
Category(ies) No Categories
Sanskrit Studies and Asana Intensive (27 Hrs)
w/ Amy Ippoliti & Manorama
As yogis, we use Sanskrit regularly; as teachers to instruct asana, to communicate philosophical concepts, to chant, as well as to study the history and philosophy of yoga.
In this fun and informative module, enjoy an inspirational dive into the infinite worlds of Sanskrit with Manorama, and get on the mat with Amy who will guide you through powerful practices with themes of sound vibration and pulsation.
Through a comprehensive exploration of mantra, sound, and movement, discover the ultimate secret to leading a life of happiness, love, and fulfillment while gaining more skills and depth for your yoga classes.
An immersion into to the Sanskrit alphabet, this course gives students the ability to work confidently with select mantras and commonly used yoga terms, select mantras, asana names, and Luminous Soul Meditation principles. It also guides students in how to live alongside yogic principles in daily life.
- Proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you the confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease
- Why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener
- Sanskrit Studies Method’s distinct and effective path to learning Sanskrit
- To immerse in the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to soothe the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge
- Develop authentic insight into why Sanskrit is called a healing language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course also include:
- The chance to practice asana uninterrupted with Amy, exploring themes related to mantra, sound, and vibration
- Proper pronunciation of select sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet
- Understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras
- Practicing the Luminous Soul Meditation
- Becoming skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes globally
- Getting practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You will leave feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit, asanas, and how to incorporate Sanskrit Studies Method into your life.
Amy and Manorama will guide you through the ancient technologies of hatha yoga, Sanskrit, and mantra as powerful tools and gateways that, when engaged with awareness, will bring you toward the experience of the eternal. Through these practices you will become a beacon of change to help positively inform your work in the world.
- Full Training
- Detailed Luminous Soul Training Materials
- Healthy Snacks
- 27 Contact Hours
This training is part of 90 Monkeys’ Advanced 500 hour Teacher Training Curriculum.
Thursday – Saturday
9:00 am – 1:00 pm – Morning Practice & Sanskrit
2:00 pm – 5:30 pm – Sanskrit Soul Studies
9:00 am – 1:30 pm – Morning Asana Practice & Sanskrit Studies
Great for Yoga Teachers, 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training graduates, and any students interested in deepening their knowledge of Yoga.
$495 Early Registration before midnight, June 24
$545 Regular Tuition
We expect this intensive to fill quickly, so please register at your earliest to save your spot. Due to space constraints, no refunds of tuition can be made. Therefore, please make sure your schedule is clear before enrolling.
Traveling to Boulder? Ask about our 90 Monkeys Travel & Logistics Information packet to learn about where to stay, great restaurants, accommodations, recreation and much more!