Foundations of Yoga Philosophy for Teachers: Modernity and Transformations
Instructor: Dr. Douglas Brooks
Foundations of Yoga Philosophy for Teachers: Modernity and Transformations is the third of a series of foundational yoga philosophy courses for teachers by Douglas Brooks, Ph.D. and furthers our appreciation of yoga philosophy essentials, continuing to explore the writings of the Upanishads and the development of ideas that are critical to the modern teacher’s understanding of yoga.
Through this course you will become more professional, better informed, and capable of assessing how the ancient traditions inform your own modern experience. Your task is not to inculcate or advocate a particular point of view but rather to be an educator and an authentic voice in the centuries-old project of deep engagement, of yoga.
Our students seek out yoga for many reasons, but ultimately they want to be happy and live more meaningful lives. Yoga philosophy holds the key to a more conscious experience of being alive and yet so much of yoga today only scratches the surface of this rich tradition.
Yoga has always been about wellness, about the whole person and, fundamentally, about cultivating a rich and deep love of life. As a yoga teacher your work reaches deeply into history and a vast array of traditions, values, and beliefs. A professional can’t ignore an investment in education and appreciation of yoga without reducing its practice solely to fitness. We all know there is so much more to yoga.
If you are like most yoga teachers the subject of yoga philosophy may seem overwhelming, even daunting! But here’s the truth: You need not know everything in the vast world of yoga philosophy to still teach asana classes. But having a basic understanding of the fundamentals of yoga philosophy can empower you and increase your confidence levels on the subject so you can share these valuable teachings with your students!
What’s in this eCourse? Douglas Brooks, Ph. D delivers the course in lecture fashion with a knowledge assessment after each module to credit you as having completed the course. This course addresses some of the modern concerns in yoga that bump up against ancient ascetic ideals (sometimes no longer applicable in the 21st century) ultimately helping you offer a fuller, more authentic experience of yoga to your students!
In the eCourse you will:
- Explore the basics of yoga philosophy every yoga teacher needs to know to feel more confident and genuine in the classroom
- Discover the traditions of yoga history that form the basis for meditation, contemplation, and self-discovery.
- Learn how to gracefully navigate the places where modern yoga rubs up against ancient ascetic ideals
- Find ways to offer philosophical yoga teachings from your own voice and inspire your students to live more skillfully and happily
- Gain more credibility in your field while offering a richer experience of yoga to your students
- Explore the relationship between ancient wisdom and modern knowledge as it pertains to the structure of the universe
- Four knowledge assessments (one after each module) to help credit you as having completed the course
How does it work? The course content is delivered via online streaming video and organized into 4 modules with 22 video lessons total. A discussion feature on the first page of the course under the video is included so you can interact with Douglas and other teachers in the course about your insights and questions. The total running time is four hours and eight minutes.
Level: This course is designed specifically for all yoga teachers wishing to gain more credibility in their field and inspire their students through a more thorough knowledge and understanding of yoga philosophy.
Module 9: Power and Desire in the Early Upanishads
Module 11: Upanishads: Conversations with the Self
Module 12: Learning to Learn
Module 10: Upanishads: Conversations with the Cosmos
By purchasing this product I UNDERSTAND and AGREE to the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
We ask that you do not enroll in our courses casually - we have invested a great deal of time and energy into our programs and expect that you do the same.
Remember: you will have indefinite access to the program materials, so please do not request a refund because you haven't had time to go through the course or could not attend specific sessions (if live calls were part of the course). We are proud of our course offerings and have seen their results. So, if after implementing the course teachings, you find that our course has not improved your teaching and/or yoga business, we will happily refund your enrollment fee in full with the following terms:
- You've implemented the course teachings in your business.
- You have viewed all the videos, completed all of the course assignments and taken the knowledge assessment (if applicable).
- You've asked questions via email, the discussion section on individual videos or the course Facebook group (if applicable) to address your concerns or confusion as soon as possible.
- Destroy all course material.
You have until 30 days after purchase to request a refund. No exceptions. Please note we do not offer any partial refunds for missed sessions (if live calls were part of your course).
This course contains copyrighted material only viewable by registrants of the course. Any sharing, reproduction, distribution of the course material without prior consent is expressly prohibited.
Disclaimer for Live Sessions In the event of power outages, acts of god, or other unexpected circumstances the session in question will be rescheduled. Refunds will not be issued.
NOTE: For questions email: email@example.com